Expand Your Outlook on Logistics
If your role has a deliver and return focus, then the APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) may be a great choice for you. The APICS CLTD program addresses the market need for additional training, knowledge and expertise in the expanding field of logistics and transportation. Developed in tandem with subject matter experts, the new certification will set the global standard for logistics best practices and aims to elevate knowledge and skills in logistics, transportation and distribution practitioners. The APICS CLTD designation will equip individuals and teams with essential knowledge to reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction and achieve recognition as a logistics expert.
APICS Ottawa Chapter Offers Instructor-Led Courses, In-Person And LIVE Online
- Led by experienced instructors in traditional weekly and multi-day classroom or online formats
- Structured environment ensures that you stay on track with your studies
- Peer discussions and real-world experiences help reinforce learning materials
- Tuition reimbursement may be available from your employer or through government funding
Join Our Next Class!
CLTD | TBA
Get notified when our next CLTD class will start.
Why You Should Get Your CLTD
How CLTD Benefits You
- Master essential logistics, transportation and distribution knowledge to elevate performance
- Expand your outlook on the logistics field and enable you to bring new ideas to your organization
- Keep current with global logistics trends and developments
- Demonstrate and recognize subject matter expertise
- Apply knowledge to reduce costs and positively impact operations
How CLTD Benefits Your Organization
Aligning logistics initiatives with business objectives to streamline operations and drive profits
Creating common understanding, vocabulary, processes and frameworks to address logistics challenges and opportunities
Building logistics practices on a foundation based on global standards
Boosting productivity, collaboration and innovation – when organizations focus on supply chain excellence, they can achieve 70% higher performance
Who Should Earn The CLTD Designation?
- Logistics managers/engineers
- Supply chain logistics managers
- Traffic managers
- Transportation/fleet managers
- Warehouse operations/distribution managers
- Reverse logistics managers
How To Get Your CLTD
The APICS CLTD course consists of nine modules with an exam that reflects critical areas in logistics, transportation and distribution for the roles and responsibilities of logistics managers. These exams are administered at certified training centers throughout Ontario.
The APICS Ottawa Chapter offers instructor-led courses that provide expert guidance, real-world insights and peer discussion to help you reach your goals. Our comprehensive training provides students with the information and tools to master the APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) body of knowledge. It is designed specifically to help candidates pass the exam. Our courses include printed materials, progress checks, quizzes, practice exams and case studies via a comprehensive online learning portal.
Check our Events page to see our current course offerings.
What You Learn With CLTD
Logistics Overview and Strategy
Capacity Planning and Demand Management
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- Transportation Management
Logistics Network Design
Sustainability and Reverse Logistics
Funding Is Available Through The Canada-Ontario Job Grant Program
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.
Maintaining Your CLTD Designation
- You must earn a total of 75 professional development points every five years. See Certification Maintenance on how to earn points with APICS Ottawa Chapter
- If you do not maintain your certification within five years, your certification will be placed in suspended status. You will be unable to refer to yourself as certified until your certification is placed back in good standing
- With each additional year your certification is suspended, you are required to submit 15 additional professional development points to reinstate your certification
- If you do not maintain certification within five years of suspension, your certification will expire, and you will be required to retake your exams. You will be unable to refer to yourself as certified until your certification is placed back in good standing