Validate your ability to lead
Supply chains drive growth and are proving to be the central nervous system of a business. Good leaders are key to ensuring the supply chain organization is performing at its peak and contributing to the health of the business. The APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification program helps professionals demonstrate essential knowledge and organizational skills for developing more streamlined operations. Designees demonstrate mastery of supply chain management best practices and are distinguished as industry experts with specialized, high-level knowledge and skills.
Since its launch in 2006, more than 25,000 professionals in 94 countries have earned the APICS CSCP designation. The CSCP designation is the most widely recognized educational program for supply chain management professionals around the globe and is a credential valued by employers and recruiters.
APICS Ottawa Chapter Offers Instructor-Led Courses, In-Person And LIVE Online
- Led by experienced instructors in traditional weekly and multi-day classroom or online formats
- Structured environment ensures that you stay on track with your studies
- Peer discussions and real-world experiences help reinforce learning materials
- Tuition reimbursement may be available from your employer or through government funding
Join Our Next Class!
Why You Should Get Your CSCP
How CSCP Benefits You
- Master the necessary tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities, including suppliers, plants, distributors and customers around the globe
- Develop proven knowledge and organizational skills to strategically streamline operations
- Acquire the skills you need to create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology and corporate communication
- Understand how to use enterprise resources planning (ERP) software systems and other technologies to improve the entire supply chain process
- Improve lead times, inventory and bottom-line profitability
- Increase your professional value and secure your future
How CSCP Benefits Your Organization
Developing successful supply chain strategies using global standards and common terminology
- Improving customer satisfaction and bottom-line results through effective management of supplier and customer relationships
Creating common understanding, vocabulary, processes and frameworks to address supply chain challenges and opportunities
Enabling interdepartmental movement through collaboration and a consistent foundation based on global standards
- Maximizing enterprise resources planning (ERP) software investments by millions of dollars
- Boosting productivity, collaboration and innovation – when organizations focus on supply chain excellence, they can achieve 70% higher performance
Who Should Earn The CSCP Designation?
An APICS CSCP education is essential if you are:
- Employee with direct influence on supply chain functions
- Department and division management
- Functional management
- Employee in cross-functional departments
Possess at least three years of supply chain related business experience
Bachelors’ degree or the international equivalent
Hold an APICS CPIM, CLTD, SCOR-P, CIRM, CTL or an APICS fellows level certification, or a CPM, CSM, or CPSM
Start Your CSCP Journey Today!
How to get your CSCP
The APICS CSCP course consists of three important modules and one comprehensive exam. The exam reflects critical changes in the marketplace and in the evolving roles and responsibilities of operations and supply chain managers. These exams are administered at certified training centers throughout Ontario.
The APICS Ottawa Chapter offers instructor-led courses that provide expert guidance, real-world insights and peer discussion to help you reach your goals. Our comprehensive training provides students with the information and tools to master the APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) body of knowledge. It is designed specifically to help candidates pass the exam. Our courses include printed materials, progress checks, quizzes, practice exams and case studies via a comprehensive online learning portal.
Check our Events page to see our current course offerings.
What You learn with CSCP
Aligning supply chain processes and capabilities with strategic business goals
Understanding organizational roles and infrastructures in the supply chain
Managing material, information and financial flows
Understanding and managing internal and external organizational relationships
Selecting and leveraging technologies to enable effective process management
Funding Is Available Through The Canada-Ontario Job Grant Program
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.
Maintaining Your CSCP Designation
- You must earn a total of 75 professional development points every five years. See Certification Maintenance on how to earn points with APICS Ottawa Chapter
- If you do not maintain your certification within five years, your certification will be placed in suspended status. You will be unable to refer to yourself as certified until your certification is placed back in good standing
- With each additional year your certification is suspended, you are required to submit 15 additional professional development points to reinstate your certification
- If you do not maintain certification within five years of suspension, your certification will expire, and you will be required to retake your exams. You will be unable to refer to yourself as certified until your certification is placed back in good standing