Certifications & Training: Achieve Your Professional Goals
APICS Certifications: Set up for your success
Supply chain, logistics and operations management are among the fastest-growing professions globally, creating great demand for top-notch, highly competent professionals. APICS certifications enable supply chain professionals to excel in the profession and become the leaders who will transform supply chain organizations for peak performance. If you’re ready to take your career in supply chain management to the next level, APICS Ottawa Chapter is here to guide you towards success.
APICS Certifications & credentials
APICS’s world-renowned certification programs provide supply chain management professionals with relevant, essential education and equip them for today’s fast-changing marketplace.
Which APICS Certification is Right for you?
Not sure which certification path is the right fit for you and your organization?
Below, you can see some of the job titles for the five primary management processes in the Supply Chain Operations Reference model (SCOR): Plan, Source, Make, Deliver and Return. The APICS CPIM certification covers from Plan to Make; CLTD certification focuses on the Deliver and Return processes; while CSCP certification covers the end-to-end supply chain.
Visit the APICS Education Selector for more information.
APICS Ottawa Chapter Offers Instructor-Led Courses, In-Person And LIVE Online
- Led by experienced instructors in traditional weekly and multi-day classroom or online formats
- Structured environment ensures that you stay on track with your studies
- Peer discussions and real-world experiences help reinforce learning materials
- Tuition reimbursement may be available from your employer or through government funding
Request More information on our courses
A Resource For Your Business
APICS Ottawa Chapter is also here to support your business in professional development and strategic initiatives based on best practices that advance your supply chain performance. Let us know how we can assist you and your business by sharing some additional information about your business goals and training and development needs: contact us.
APICS Ottawa Chapter offers a Corporate Training Program to meet the growing need of local organizations wanting to provide continuing on-site education for their staff. Headed by industry expert, Ben Schlussel, the APICS Corporate Training Program covers material outlined in the APICS Principles of Operations Management or the CPIM and CSCP certification programs.
APICS Principles of Operations Management is designed to help those new to the field of operations management establish a solid foundation of knowledge to excel in the fields of inventory, production and distribution management. Principles offers organizations an efficient and effective approach to educate and develop professionals on the basics of operations management.
The Corporate Training Program is fully customizable and is geared to meeting your organization's unique training needs. Organizations are able to choose either program, whichever is most relevant to their organization, or both, and request additional material to further meet their needs. Corporate Training is a fantastic way to expand the professional scope of your employees, whether your background is in supply chain and operations, or something totally different. So far, the response has been incredibly positive. Learn about how to get your organization involved by contacting us.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.