SCOR: The World's Leading Supply Chain Framework
The Supply Chain Operations Reference model (SCOR) is the world’s leading supply chain framework, linking business processes, performance metrics, practices and people skills into a unified structure.
Move the needle with SCOR
Proven results from Global 2000 companies with SCOR behind the supply chain:
- Rank at the top of their industry group in shareholder value
- Average operating sales income improvement of 3%
- Outperform competitors in all major supply chain indices
- Faster system implementations by 30%, with 30% more functionality
- Inventory turn improvements of 20%
- Improvement in delivery reliability by 25%
Give Your Team the Knowledge to Make SCOR a Driving Force of Improvement
APICS Ottawa Chapter is your connection to APICS industry-leading training – preparing supply chain professionals and companies to perform at their peak. Companies that implement the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) model consistently realize measurable improvements in supply chain performance, driven by best practices and the most widely recognized standard for supply chain management.
Let us help you reach your goal. Contact us to find out how we can prepare your team for the successful implementation and application of the SCOR model.
Business is Better with SCOR
SCOR is the go-to framework for excellence, and it just got better. Drive value. Build leaders.
Achieve Operational excellence with SCOR-P
The SCOR Professional (SCOR-P) endorsement establishes a global standard of excellence for applying the APCIS SCOR model. It demonstrates an individual’s knowledge of SCOR and the ability to apply the model’s techniques to measure, manage and dramatically increase supply chain performance.
APICS Ottawa Chapter Offers Instructor-Led Courses, In-Person And LIVE Online
- Led by experienced instructors in traditional weekly and multi-day classroom or online formats
- Structured environment ensures that you stay on track with your studies
- Peer discussions and real-world experiences help reinforce learning materials
- Tuition reimbursement may be available from your employer or through government funding
Help your organization achieve operational excellence by earning the SCOR-P endorsement.
Why You Should Get Your SCOR-P Endorsement
How SCOR-P Benefits You
- Establish benchmarks for evaluating supply chain effectiveness
- Provide real-world techniques for measuring and managing a global supply chain
- Provide a practical method for assessing the skills and competencies of your current supply chain team members and recruits
- Dramatically increase supply chain improvement and performance
- Indicate that you possess sought-after supply chain management knowledge and skills that will increase your professional value
How SCOR-P Benefits Your Organization
- Increasing the speed of system implementations
- Maximizing use of existing technology
- Boosting sales and operations planning
- Improving inventory turns
- Developing organizational talent, support and competence
- Achieving operational excellence – when organizations focus on supply chain excellence, they can achieve 70% higher performance
How To Get Your SCOR-P Endorsement
The APICS SCOR-P course consists of an introduction to the SCOR model, problem-solving, practical application and exercises. It can be covered in a 3-day workshop with a follow-up exam. The exam is administered at certified training centers throughout Ontario.
The APICS Ottawa Chapter offers instructor-led courses that provide expert guidance, real-world insights and peer discussion to help you reach your goals. Our comprehensive training provides students with the information and tools to master the APICS Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) model. It is designed specifically to help candidates pass the exam. Our course includes a copy of the SCOR model, a digital SCOR Quick Reference Guide, a SCOR Professional Training Participant Workbook, progress checks, quizzes, practice exams and case studies via a comprehensive online learning portal.
Contact us if you are interested in earning the SCOR-P endorsement.
What You Learn With SCOR-P
Supply chain processes – Supply chains are described using the standard SCOR processes (Plan, Source, Make, Deliver, Return and Enable). Process training delves into each component. Process education also addresses process modelling.
Supply chain performance metrics – SCOR metrics describe and address reliability, responsiveness, agility, cost and asset efficiency. Determine how to apply metrics and set supply chain benchmarks.
Supply chain practices – Process maturity is examined and you are trained on how to assess supply chain activities and apply best practices.
Supply chain people skills – The SCOR model offers insight on organizational design and the people skills and competencies required for successful supply chain operation.
How successful companies apply SCOR – Learn about the typical deliverables recommended for projects and how to use SCOR to improve supply chain and business performance.
How to organize projects – Every supply chain project is different, yet all projects are similar. The SCOR roadmap offers a standardized way to address a variety of supply chain projects in an organized manner.
Funding Is Available Through The Canada-Ontario Job Grant Program
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.
Maintaining Your SCOR-P Endorsement
Candidates must pass one exam to earn the SCOR-P endorsement and are not required to maintain the designation.