Who We Are
We are the Ottawa chapter of APICS, the leading supply chain and operations management professional association. We are your local chapter providing instructor-led globally recognized certification training, live online classes, custom workshops and networking opportunities to help you find and enhance your supply chain management career.
The world of supply chain management never stops advancing — and neither should supply chain professionals or their organizations. Wrapping the world, supply chains both enable and inspire human and economic possibility. However, to reach their potential they require savvy operators, supervisors and leaders with the necessary knowledge and know-how.
APICS fills this gap. We’re known for our ability to develop supply chain talent and elevate end-to-end supply chain performance. Nobody does this better than we do. From education and certification to benchmarking and best practices, APICS sets the industry standard.
Fostering the advancement of end-to-end supply chain management through a body of knowledge, innovative research, systems, and methods to create value for customers, members and organizations.
Advancing Productivity, Innovation and Competitive Success.
The Ottawa Chapter of APICS was formed in 1982 in order to accommodate the growing number of resource management professionals working and/or living in the Ottawa region. Since its inception, the Ottawa Chapter has seen rapid growth in terms of educational offerings, professional development meeting attendance and membership. The Ottawa Chapter is very active in the educational area. We provide educational opportunities for both students and professionals through an affiliation with Algonquin College, Carleton and Ottawa universities as well as local area companies. The Ottawa Chapter is committed to the development of capable, creative Supply Chain and Operations Management professionals ready to embark on action-oriented, multi-dimensional careers in private and public business. We are prepared to meet your particular resource management educational needs with high-quality instruction delivered by experienced, certified trainers.
We are now a part of The Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM)
For over 60 years, supply chain professionals and organizations have relied on APICS to deliver world-class certification. But that was just the beginning.
APICS is now the Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM), the global leader in supply chain organizational transformation, innovation and leadership. As the largest non-profit association for supply chain, ASCM is an unbiased partner, connecting companies around the world to the newest thought leadership on all aspects of supply chain. ASCM is built on a foundation of APICS certification and training spanning 60 years. Now, ASCM is driving innovation in the industry with new products, services and partnerships that enable companies to further optimize their supply chains, secure their competitive advantage and positively impact their bottom lines.
APICS Code of Ethics
- Maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct.
- Not misrepresent your qualifications, experience, or education to APICS or others you serve in a professional capacity.
- Respect and not violate the United States Copyright of all APICS materials, including but not limited to courseware, magazine articles and other APICS publications, APICS conference presentations, and examination resources. In this same spirit, you must not violate the copyright of other organizations and individuals in your professional capacity.
- Abide by all of APICS’ published exam bulletins and exam procedures, including all of the rules and regulations of any third party that administers an APICS examination.
- Not engage in or sanction any exploitation of one’s membership, company, or profession.
- Encourage and cooperate in the interchange of knowledge and techniques for the mutual benefit of the profession.
- In your professional capacity, respect the fundamental rights and dignity of all individuals. You must demonstrate sensitivity to cultural, individual, and role differences, including those due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socio-economic status.
- In your professional capacity, not engage in behaviour that is harassing or demeaning to others based on factors including, but not limited to, age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, or socioeconomic status.
- Adhere to this Code of Ethics and its application to your professional work. Lack of awareness or misunderstanding of an ethical standard is not itself a defence to a charge of unethical conduct.
- Contact APICS’ Legal Department when uncertain whether a particular situation or course of action violates this Code of Ethics.
- Not to become the subject of public disrepute, contempt, or scandal that affects your image or goodwill.