CPIM Certification: A higher level of performance
APICS Ottawa Chapter offers instructor-led courses, in-person and LIVE online
- Led by experienced instructors in traditional weekly and multi-day classroom or online formats
- Structured environment ensures that you stay on track with your studies
- Peer discussions and real-world experiences help reinforce learning materials
- Tuition reimbursement may be available from your employer or through government funding
Why you should get your CPIM Certification
How CPIM Certification Benefits You
CPIM certification can help you to:
Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Master the tools you need to effectively manage global supply chain activities
- Gain knowledge to apply principles of enterprise resources planning (ERP) software to cover various critical functions within your organization
- Earn customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services
- Enhance your credibility among peers, employers and customers
- Create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology and corporate-wide communication
- Improve profitability by optimizing your organization’s inventory investment
How CPIM Certification Benefits Your Organization
CPIM certification helps organizations by:
Aligning internal activities with business objectives to streamline operations and drive profits
Creating common understanding, vocabulary, processes and frameworks to address supply chain challenges and opportunities
Enabling interdepartmental engagement using a foundation based on global standards
Maximizing ROI on the systems and technologies within your organization
Boosting productivity, collaboration and innovation – when organizations focus on supply chain excellence, they can achieve 70% higher performance
How to get your CPIM Certification
The complete CPIM certification program consists of two courses (Part 1 and Part 2) and two external certification exams (one for Part 1 and one for Part 2). You obtain your CPIM certification after passing the two certification exams. These exams are administered at certified training centers throughout Ontario.
The APICS Ottawa Chapter offers instructor-led courses that provide expert guidance, real-world insights and peer discussion to help you reach your goals. Our comprehensive training provides students with the information and tools to master the Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) body of knowledge. It is designed specifically to help candidates pass the exam. Our courses include printed materials, progress checks, quizzes, practice exams and case studies via a comprehensive online learning portal. The Part 1 course is 36 hours and the Part 2 course is 42 hours.
Check our Events page to see our current course offerings.
What You Learn with CPIM Certification
CPIM Part 1
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Demand Management
- Capacity Management
- Inventory Management
CPIM Part 2
Strategic Management of Resources
Master Planning of Resources
Detailed Scheduling and Planning
Execution and Control of Operations
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.
Maintaining Your CPIM Certification
- You must earn a total of 75 professional development points every five years. See Certification Maintenance on how to earn points with APICS Ottawa Chapter
- If you do not maintain your certification within five years, your certification will be placed in suspended status. You will be unable to refer to yourself as certified until your certification is placed back in good standing
- With each additional year your certification is suspended, you are required to submit 15 additional professional development points to reinstate your certification
- If you do not maintain certification within five years of suspension, your certification will expire, and you will be required to retake your exams. You will be unable to refer to yourself as certified until your certification is placed back in good standing